Premium Service, Because You Deserve to Feel Safe in Your Home
Are Rats Dangerous?
Many homeowners aren’t aware of the harmful effects that rats can have on a home. Because rats can create several serious problems, infestations should be addressed immediately.Rats are harmful because:
- They carry and transmit diseases by leaving their droppings and urine throughout a home
- Droppings and urine can trigger allergies
- They cause structural damage to a home by gnawing on wood and leaving holes in floorboards and walls
- They chew on exposed wires, which can start a house fire
How Do Rats Get into a Home?
When a rat is looking for a place to nest, its main requirements are food, shelter, and water. Once they find the perfect home, getting inside is easy. Any hole as small as half an inch is big enough for a rat to squeeze through. Rats typically enter a home through openings into crawlspaces, gaps in doorways, unscreened windows, unsealed attics, cluttered lawns, trees or bushes that make contact with the home, and holes in siding. Rats are skilled climbers, contortionists, and acrobats, which makes entering a home a simple obstacle for them.
Signs of Rats in Your Home
- Rat droppings
- Urine odor
- Smudged surfaces
- Scratching or scampering sounds
- Holes or nests
- Tampered food packaging
- Gnaw marks on wires, cardboard boxes, and wooden items
The Greenix Approach to Rat Control
Peace of mind begins here.
To schedule rat control service, give us a call at (888) 800-7181. You can also message us online.