Pittsburgh Spider Control
Protecting Your Home & Family Is What We Do Best
Is there anything more important than keeping your family safe and comfortable? We don’t think so either. Here at Greenix Pest Control, pests are our business. When your home is overrun by spiders or any other pest, you can count on us to take care of the problem. As the most trusted and recognized pest control company around, we are equipped with the highest-quality products and technologies to flush spiders out of your home and keep them from returning in the future.
Our Pittsburgh spider control team can take care of all kinds of spiders, including:
- Common house spiders
- Cellar spiders
- Jumping spiders
- Brown recluse spiders
- Wolf spiders
- Banded garden spiders
- Yellow garden spiders
- Sac spiders
- Zebra spiders
- Black widows
- Grass spiders
- Woodlouse spiders
- Marbled orb-weavers
No infestation is too big or too small for our team of qualified experts to take on. Turn to us for spider control and rest easy knowing your home is pest-free.
What Attracts Spiders to a Home?
Homes often provide ideal living conditions for spiders because they provide food, water, and shelter.
Some of the most common things that attract spiders include:
- Flourishing gardens: Beautiful gardens often attract other insects. Because spiders feed on other insects, they will often be found in gardens as well.
- Yard clutter: Piles of wood, construction materials, overfilled sheds, and other areas of clutter in a yard make for the perfect spider hideout.
- Open trash cans: Open trash cans attract insects, which attract spiders who want to feed on those insects.
- Unrepaired plumbing leaks: Plumbing leaks create an environment with excess humidity and moisture, which attracts many different types of bugs. Once the bugs arrive, you can count on spiders to sense them and make their way inside.
- Areas of clutter inside: Spiders love to hide in dark, secluded areas where they feel safe from other predators. They often seek shelter in areas of clutter within a home.
Long story short, you can pretty much find spiders anywhere you can find other insects, clutter, moisture, and dark, secluded areas. For help understanding how you can better protect property against spiders, reach out to our spider control pros in Pittsburgh!
How Do Spiders Get Inside My House?
Unfortunately, spiders have no trouble making their way into homes. They often enter through small cracks, gaps, or holes found along the foundation, in windows, around doors, on roofs, in chimneys, and more. They are also known to hitch a ride on used furniture or items that were previously stored outside or in a shed before being brought into a home.
How to Keep Spiders out of Your Home
We know the last thing you want to deal with is a spider infestation. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to keep spiders out of your home and yard.
To prevent spiders, you should:
- Trim your trees, shrubs, and bushes so they are not touching or extending over your home
- Sweep your home regularly (be sure to sweep your ceilings for webs)
- Patch any holes, cracks, or gaps along your foundation
- Repair any holes found in window or door screens
- Installs screens in windows and doors
- Clear away any areas of clutter in your home
- Keep your home clean
- Repair plumbing leaks right away
- Take care of any pest problems you discover right away
- Schedule routine pest control
Of course, the best way to protect your home against spiders is to bring in the professionals. Here at Greenix Pest Control, our Pittsburgh spider control team provides four season protection against all types of creepy crawlers, including spiders. We are skilled in identifying common spider hideouts and treating your home to prevent infestations from taking place.
As a leader in the pest control industry, Greenix Pest Control provides the highest-quality, most dependable services around. Your safety and comfort are our utmost priorities, which is why you can count on us to always go the extra mile to protect your home and yard from pests.
Customers choose Greenix Pest Control time and time again because:
- We are trusted
- We are sustainable
- We are different
Call (215) 866-1551 to schedule spider control in Pittsburgh. We look forward to serving you!