Salt Lake City ANT CONTROL
We Send the Ants Marching Out of Your Home!
Is there anything more frustrating than walking into your kitchen first thing in the morning only to discover an entire swarm of ants? We don’t think so either. As the weather warms up during spring and summer, the ants come out in swarms in search of food and water. They can invade a home very quickly and be very difficult to eliminate, causing homeowners a ton of stress. Whatever type of ant is in your home, Greenix Pest Control is here to help. Our Salt Lake City ant control experts use organic, sustainable products to flush ants from your home and keep them from coming back.
What Attracts Ants?
Ants make their nests and live in the ground, but will leave the nest in search of food and water. Unlike many other pests that like to find shelter in homes, ants will typically only enter a home to gather food to take back to their colonies. In a home, they can most often be found in kitchens and bathrooms, where they have access to plenty of food and water. Ants love sugary foods such as jam, honey, candy, and juice, but they will be attracted to just about any food, including dog food, cat food, peanut butter, eggs, meats, and more.
Do Ants Cause Property Damage?
Most people are already aware of the significant damage that termites can cause in homes, but they aren’t aware that ants can also cause a lot of damage. Like termites, carpenter ants are known to destroy wood structures. Unlike termites, however, carpenter ants do not actually eat the wood they destroy. Instead, they construct tunnels in wood that they use to establish a location for their nests. By tunneling through wooden beams, they can seriously compromise the overall structure of a home.
How to Prevent Ants
While ants are necessarily dangerous, you still don’t want them in your home. Luckily, there are some precautions you can take to help you avoid a full-blown infestation.
To prevent ants from entering your home, you should:
- Keep it clean: One of the most important things you can do is keep your home clean. Wipe away any spills or crumbs as soon as you notice them, wash your dirty dishes right away, clean your counters regularly, and sweep and vacuum your home daily.
- Store all food properly: It is never a good idea to leave food out. Be sure all leftovers are stored in an airtight container and any leftover dog or cat food is properly stored away.
- Seal off entry points: Walk around the foundation of your home and use caulk to seal off any craps, crevices, or gaps that you may find. These areas of damage make for the perfect entrance for ants.
- Take out the trash: Never leave the trash sitting in your home for too long. Take out your trash regularly and ensure your garbage bins have tightly sealed lids.
- Schedule pest control: Of course, the best way to protect your home from ants is to bring in a team of pest control experts. They know how to locate, identify, and treat infestations without causing any property damage or using dangerous products.
The occasional ant here and there is not something to worry about, but if you are frequently fighting off swarms in or near your home, you need professional assistance. At Greenix Pest Control in Salt Lake City, our highly trained and fully qualified pest specialists are here to protect your home and yard against ants. We are skilled in identifying ant species, locating their colonies, and applying effective treatment to eliminate infestations and prevent future invasions from taking place. Whether you are dealing with carpenter ants, fire ants, black garden ants, pavement ants, sugar ants, or any other type of ant, we’ve got a solution.
Discover the Greenix difference by calling (801) 515-2123. We look forward to serving you!