Ohio Pest Control FAQ
1. Can I get rid of the pests in Ohio by myself?
There are many methods you can use to discourage and eliminate pests in Ohio. The basis of any pest control starts with improved sanitation and eliminating conditions conducive to the pest infestation. This may be enough to solve your problem, but there are times when more must be done to be pest-free. This is when you should enlist the services of a qualified pest management professional.
2. Are chemicals the only solution to my Ohio pest problem? Do they present health risks?
Chemicals are very rarely the only solution and can pose a health risk if not used properly. This is why it is essential to only deal with licensed, qualified professionals. Pesticide may be a part of the solution, but the objective is to achieve control with minimum risk or hazard to the customer and the environment.
3. Will my house smell after the treatment?
In most cases, there is little to no smell associated with the services we provide.
4. Do you offer any “green” or non-chemical treatments?
We use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques to make sure that we use the minimum material necessary to successfully eliminate the target pest(s). This starts with a thorough inspection. Based on the inspection results, strategies include chemical and non-chemical treatments.
5. Are the treatments harmful to my children or pets?
All products used in our treatments are EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) registered, and when used according to the label pose little to no risk. Furthermore, all products selected for indoor use by our company fall into the EPA’s lowest risk category.
6. How soon can you begin treating my house?
Most of the time we can have a technician out to your home or business within one day.
7. How long will the service visit take?
The length of the service will vary depending on the pest and level of infestation, but typically the service takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
8. Will my family have to leave home during the treatment?
On most occasions no, but it depends on the pest and level of infestation.
9. When can I expect to see results?
We typically ask that you give the treatment 14 days, but you may see immediate improvements.
10. Will you have to come more than once?
It will depend on the pest we are dealing with as well as the level of infestation.
11. Do you guarantee your work?
We believe that quality counts; therefore, we warranty our programs with our Money Back Guarantee. In the event of continuous pest activity, we will return and re-treat affected areas at no additional charge. If you are not completely satisfied after receiving no fewer than two re-treatments, Greenix will credit your account equal to the amount of your latest regular service charge.
12. If I fill out the Request Form and email it, am I obligated in any way?
There is no obligation; we want our customers to understand our programs and be completely satisfied with our services.
13. Will you hurt the animals you will be removing?
In most states, the law requires that if an animal is trapped on a property, it has to be either released back on to that property or euthanized. The reasoning for this is that if an animal is released into a strange environment, it will suffer and most likely not survive. However, if an animal is entering your home and can be excluded so that it will never gain access into your home again, we will release it on your property at your request. Our company offers exclusionary methods of pest control.
14. Will other animals (dogs, cats, and deer) be harmed as a result of your service?
All pest management personnel are highly trained and licensed to use products in strict accordance with the label. When used according to the label by highly trained professionals, these products have no effect on non-target animals.
15. What should I look for when choosing a Pest Control Company?
When seeking a pest control company, you should look for a stable company that has experience and a solid reputation and that cares about you, the customer. The way we care most about our customers is by caring about our employees. We have found that hard working and loyal employees create loyal customers. It is our experience that companies that rely more on service and reputation give their customers more personalized attention because they need you to grow.
Our exterminators in Franklin, Delaware, Union, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, and Madison counties can help you with control and treatment costs.
On this site you can read about what to look for when choosing a pest professional and you will see why so many customers choose us. We offer both residential and commercial pest control. We exterminate insects such as ants, bedbugs, bees, wasps, beetles, snails, cockroaches, spiders, Indian meal moths, and earwigs and with rodents such as mice, voles, moles pocket gophers, raccoons, badgers and prairie dogs in Ohio.
Speak to our exterminators in Ohio at 614-398-2889 or use our email form to contact us today to schedule an inspection.
Choosing a Pest Professional
Choosing A Pest Professional in Ohio – Ohio Insects
If you need to contact a pest professional, you want to know that you will receive professional service for the job at hand. You should expect to have an experienced, knowledgeable pest professional to take care of the issue. Customer service and prompt attention to your pest issue is vital when choosing a Ohio pest professional. It is important to consider the following guidelines when seeking a pest management company that is qualified:
• Ask the pest professional if they have experience handling your problem. You want to find a pest control company that specializes in the area of pest control your looking for and has expertise with your problem
• It is a good idea to get recommendations, referrals from friends, and references from former customers that have used the pest professional before
• Make sure company is registered with the local BBB
• Find out if the company is insured and licensed
• If the company is unable to completely eliminate the infestation, ask and if there are any guarantees
• Ask how many months your business or home will be under contract for service when you sign a service agreement
• Find out how products will be applied and which ones will be used at your home or business
• Understand how many treatments are covered and how many times they are repeated under the agreement you sign
• Find out how long the servicing will take and whether they perform return inspections. Inquire what they do to prevent the pests from coming back
Your pest professional in Ohio should always perform and honor the terms covered in the service agreement section of your contract. Do not expect anything to be done unless it is in writing and make sure you understand the agreement before you sign anything. Do not hesitate to ask questions and take notes about issues that come to mind.
Our exterminators in Franklin, Delaware, Union, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, and Madison counties can help you with your pest control needs in Ohio.
On this site you can read about what to look for when choosing a pest professional and you will see why so many customers choose us. We offer both residential and commercial pest control. We exterminate insects such as ants, bedbugs, bees, wasps, beetles, snails, cockroaches, spiders, Indian meal moths, and earwigs and with rodents such as mice, voles, moles, pocket gophers, raccoons, badgers and prairie dogs in Ohio.
Speak to our exterminators about insects in Ohio at 614-398-2889 or use our email form to contact us today to schedule an inspection.
Greenix Pest Control Services in the following Ohio Areas: Brice, Galloway, New Albany, Delaware, Lockbourne, Johnstown, Reynoldsburg, Etna, Galena, Unionville Center, Columbus, Commercial Point, Ashville, Pickerington, Powell, Westerville, Croton, Groveport, Orient, Hilliard, Baltimore, Dublin, Ostrander, West Jefferson, London, Carroll, Amlin, Lewis Center, Plain City, Lithopolis, Sunbury, Pataskala, Summit Station, Mount Sterling, Harrisburg, Grove City, Kirkersville, Alexandria, Blacklick, Canal Winchester